Monday, October 29, 2007

Baseball and wherever the mind goes

So I don't know about everyone else but I really had no interest in the World Series. I believe I can narrow down why that is and clear my own head. Of course a sweep did not help but there are other reasons:

1) The schedule of the playoffs-
a. As with other sports they milk the playoffs to get as much ad revenue as possible
b. This leads to many days when baseball isn't even played and it's easy to forget the days they play.
c. This also leads to a potential where a team or teams can be sitting for a week or more waiting to play thus breaking the continuity of their play and my viewing.

2) Game times -
a. Regular season games take around 3 hours where many of the playoff and WS games lasted in excess of 4 hours. If I was anywhere but the west coast I wouldn't be able to stay up to watch (news flash--I didn't anyway).
b. Saturday at 5pm pacific??? Start the thing at 1pm pacific 4pm est. This is how baseball is shown during the season so why not during playoffs? Oh, sorry, ad revenue....

So I thought I had more breakdown but that is sufficient for my worn out head. Oh, one more thing...I CANNOT STAND THE RED SOX!!!

notes.... I hear Torre to relpace Little?? Let's do it, bring A Rod here with our young core and let's actually win!!! Go Dodgers!

1 comment:

Garrett said...

I don't know if A-Rod and Torre care to be around one another anymore but lets get at least one of them.