Friday, April 18, 2008

Long time

Wow so it's been a month again. Here I was thinking that I would be able to write summaries of all the games - HA! - I am having a hard enough time even looking at the blog let alone writing in it. So, Ty is doing well, the team is getting better and we are having fun. Need a bit more info, see the website or ask.

More Nerdery
Ty and I went to the Dodger game on Wednesday April 15 (YES, we got a dodger fleece blanket!) and I rediscovered an activity I had put tothe past. A long time ago I remember getting a program at the Dodger game and I would look at the articles etc. but, once game time rolled around it was right to the middle! What's in the middle you ask? (you didn't but this was added to entice drama...is it working??) No, not a centerfold of Russell Martin or Joe Torre but, and I warn you of the nerdiness of this, the scorecard!

That's right, I wanted to show Ty how to keep score. I did and he kept the Dodger's and I did the Pirates. It was a blast! Knowing that in 20 years I can tell everyone exactly what happened at any point in the game: Priceless! So since I like to do this, at least this once, why did I ever get away from it? One answer is little children. They won't let you hold paper and "draw" on it without getting a chance themselves. Or, maybe I just felt like it was a chore. Anyway, I have rediscovered it and when I go to games I think I will keep score. I have my own scorebook so I don't even have to shell out $5.00 for the program. I also own a pencil/pen so I am set for the geek / nerd / dork to explode out at baseball games.


GO DODGERS!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think that is great. It is good for Ty to learn the skill too. I use to be able to keep score in bowling, but now I forgot. I think I could remember most of the baseball info.

Alisa said...

I love it! When I go to out of town games I will sometimes do it. When we were at the Braves game the guy sitting behind us was teaching his son how to keep score! Go Dad!