Thursday, November 15, 2007

My New Tech Crusade

So I have a new tech obsession. No, it won't help me stay organized, stay in touch with anyone, or improve my career or life situation, but will, however, ease the itch inside. You know that itch, the itch of a chicken pock that you know you shouldn't scratch? You move your body in hopes that maybe some clothes will ease the itch and maybe it does and yet the itch is still there and getting harder to ignore. You cannot scratch it because they say it will scar. But, if you do the relief feels good. The old instant gratification. Well my chicken pock is a video game: Guitar Hero! www.guitarhero.com My scar however is worse than a little mark on my skin but would be a gash in my wallet where there is no money. Not to say that it's that expensive but it is when you consider it's a game and food and safety and health are 1 kagillion times more important. Yet there is the itch...

Last Saturday we were at Sam's Club waiting for pictures to be finished and normally I would have been going bonkers with the wait. After going around the whole store I see something up the aisle that has piqued my interest...hmm...what is that, someone playing a guitar? Oh, it's that guitar hero thing I have heard so much about. Ty and I check it out and it looks cool. Ty tries it, likes it but has a hard time getting it. A guy shows us how to play. Ty tries again and is better. Then I get the pox!! I try and do OK and love it! We play a couple of more times and we are hooked (me more than Ty, of course). So, when I am walking along the parking lot and find 89.99 (or something similar) I will itch my pox and not even get a scar!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Barlow said...

haha...i hope you can get it sometime!! maybe santa will give it to you! you can justify it because it will help ty's (and yours) hand eye cordination! that's what my mom always said when the boys were playing playstation!! :D

McKay and Rachel said...

Sounds fun. I am surprised you don't want the High School Musical dance video game though.