Thursday, May 22, 2008

Good follow up --

So in a follow up to last post about umpiring (or any type of officiating) I am already hearing complaints about the fouls or lack of fouls called during the Laker/ Spur game last night. If the Spurs fans are complaining about this explain how the referees made it possible for the Spurs to not be able to hit a basket. It's probably the same reasoning I was speaking up against at the TV with the refs missing calls against the Spurs and especially 2 Spurs - Duncan and Bowen (with the reputation as a great defender which means he can cheat and the refs don't call it). However I remembered my blog and my thoughts and knew the Lakers weren't down 20 because of the refs.

Spurs fans feel so slammed by people because they don't talk about the great team they have and all the championships they have won. I will give them that as truth. But, the refs didn't lose the game for you last night it was lack of shooting/converting the shots. Ask Manu G. what was worse, the 7 hour tarmac nap or the refs? I suppose that the NBA made sure their plane couldn't get parts as well to make sure they had the worst trip to LA possible.

Now, I love conspiracies and I am all too aware that the best finals match up is going to be LA Boston so I will pay attention to see if there is something going on but as for last night, chalk it up to the plane ride and not the refs!

1 comment:

Kate said...

It does seem like Spurs fans are always complaining... If you can't make a basket, you're not going to win the game!