Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Series Finale's

So I watched the series finale's of 'Lost' and '24' back to back yesterday (5/24/10) and have some parting thoughts to the shows I like. My family wonders what I am going to do to replace them. Obviously they don't read this blog because I have a long list of things I watch so I should be able to survive...LOL

Lost -
I have seen series finale's for Seinfeld, Cheers, and probably a couple others. This is by far the best series finale I have seen. Many of the Lost mysteries were solved and answered and yet I can still use my imagination on many things. I thoroughly enjoyed, what I thought was a parallel universe, that the lives of the Oceanic Passengers was actually an in between life and eternity. I liked that Hurley ended up being the caretaker of the island. Everything wrapped up in Lost fashion and I really enjoyed it. I was almost a quitter on the show when last year the show seemed to be going no where. I was urged to push through and did. So thank you to that friend that had me keep going on the show because it was really good.

24 -
So the season wasn't going that swift to begin with and then it got cancelled. However, it was typical 24 so it was entertaining at the least. There were plenty of "we don't have the time" and "just do it" yells from Jack to make sure we all remembered what show we were watching. Problem is, I watched this series finale right after a terrific ending to Lost. This made the 24 ending lack something but, maybe the movie will bring some cool stuff.

Jack's -
In the end Jack Shepherd wins over Jack Bauer. I know Bauer is more hard core but the likeability of Shepherd helps him win out over Bauer. Plus they both had plenty of "we don't have times" to go around so that makes it fun. J. Shepherd also seemed to have to answer for mistakes where Bauer hardly ever did even though he claimed he would take the consequenses. Also, J. Shepherd's dad is Christian (loved Kate's quote in finale "christian shepherd, really?") and that plays on a lot with that name that I didn't think about till the finale.

1 comment:

Rachel Barlow said...

hey, you haven't posted on here for a while!! what's going on?? ;)